A Guide on Delta Airlines Pet Policy
For the love of your really beautiful and adorable pets, and to all the pet lovers out there who can't travel without their babies, this one is a travel guide for all of you all, traveling in Delta Airlines with your pets, Delta Airlines pet policy, everyone!
We heard from you that you wanted to bring your pets on board with you, and that’s why we have brought you the complete pet policy with Delta. Let's fulfill our wishes but the airline way. Let's dig into the complete pet policy for that, then.
Types of Pets Accepted on Delta Airlines
Delta Airlines only accepts certain types of pets on its flights, and they can easily travel as a carry-on; however, some can even be shipped in Delta Cargo. It is completely dependent on the size of the pet.
If your pet is small, like a dog, cat, or other household bird, they can be easily accepted as a carry-on pet. The carry-on pets are accepted in the main cabin on most flights within the States, Canada, and Virginia Islands.
Pets in the Cabin
- For the pets to travel in a cabin, they must be small enough to fit comfortably in their carrier, and the carrier must fit under the seat in front of you.
- The pet must be at least 10 weeks old for domestic travel and 16 weeks old if they are traveling out of the USA. 15 weeks old when they are traveling for European Union travel.
- You are allowed to bring 1 pet in each carrier but on domestic flights in the USA.
- The flights to/from the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands have a pet fee of $95, and when flying outside of the USA, the pet fee becomes $200, but the flights to Brazil incur a pet fee of $75.
Pets in Cargo
- Unfortunately, Delta Air Lines doesn't allow pets to travel as checked baggage, so let's take your pet through Cargo if they are bigger in size.
- Pets are shipped domestically through Delta Cargo and cannot be booked until 14 days prior to the departures. However, nothing guarantees that they are going to be traveling on the same flight as their parents. When you want to ship your pet, you are required to drop them off at a Delta Cargo location at least 3 hours before the departure.
- Whenever a pet is traveling in the cabin, the maximum carry-on kennel dimensions are determined by the flight you are traveling in; you are to contact Delta Airlines to know the correct size of the kennel.
- However, in general, the soft-sided carrier with dimensions of 18*11*11 is considered the best because it fits most Delta aircraft.
- Now, for pets that are going to travel in a cargo, the carrier should fit the big-sized pet of yours.
- The kennels should have a solid top, proper ventilation, at least 3 sides on domestic and 4 sides on international flights, a solid door, and all nuts and bolts should be tightened and secure.
- Your pet should be able to stand, turn around, and lay down securely in it.
How can you make a Pet reservation with Delta Airlines?
Now that we are done knowing the guidelines associated with your pet on Delta let us quickly assist you in booking a Delta flight deal of yours and your ball of happiness. Whatever is required is a cellphone, yes, just a cellphone, and you dial our official number, which goes to +1-571-378-7984. As soon as you get connected with someone on the other line of the call, you can happily ask them to assist you in booking you and your pet a Delta flight deal. You will certainly get the best service ever, and that doesn’t stop at the flight deal and reservation, but it extends to you getting to book a hotel reservation and a car rental, too. And you will receive all of your booking details in your inbox.
What is the fee to bring a pet onboard Delta Airlines?
The pet fee completely depends on your travel plan because, yes, it does vary as per your destination. For flights to/from the USA and Canada, the fee is $125 per pet kennel; for the pets that are traveling outside the USA, the pet fee will be $200; and for Brazil, the pet fee is $75.
Trained Service and Emotional Support Animals
As per Delta Airlines' pet policy guidelines, you have only dogs recognized as trained service animals, and no emotional support animals are considered service animals.
Whoever is traveling with a trained service animal, passengers have a certain set of rules. They must complete the DOT forms that are officially present on the official website of Delta Airlines. The airlines, however, do not discriminate against the breed of a trained service dog.
What are the areas that are restricted for pets in the aircraft?
When you are traveling with a pet on Delta flights, the following areas are restricted for you;
- A seat that is designed as "no stowage."
- The emergency exit rows
- Flat-bed seats
- Centre seats on B-757-200
- Rows 30-35 on the A330-200 aircraft and rows 30-43 on the A330-300 aircraft.
This was your complete guide on Delta Airlines' pet policy, and we know traveling with your pets can be a rewarding experience. Delta Airlines' pet policy aims to make it as convenient and comfortable as possible. By adhering to the carrier requirements and adequately preparing your pet, you can ensure a stress-free journey for you and your furry companion. However, whenever you feel that rush of questions in your mind and you find no one by your side, kindly reach out to Urban Vacationing; we can help you with the complete assistance required in carrying your pet onboard.
878-223-0733 OR, We will contact you within 24 hours.